Tuesday 15 January 2013

A new week

A new week needs a great start, don't you think? My great start was 5 cows, mud, myself and a sunrise. I didn't think I'd get quite so muddy (stop laughing) or enjoy it quite so much as it was -3 when I walked down to the milking shed. But there you go, learn something new. I have discovered I like the cold. Yes, really, but only when I go to milk the cows….hmmmm.

Its a really lovely, quite idyllic thing, walking the cows to the milking parlour. Gently cooing them on, trying to avoid what looks like a massive mud hole. The milk comes out pure and clean, into the separating thingy (technical term you know!) to separate the cream from the milk. Genius and exciting and so easy! I want a moo cow. Literally, I want a moo cow now.

Another great day of scoring for me today, 10 out 10 for my Gubeen bacon with poached egg salad. I am a very happy girl. Yesterday I received another 9…I want all 10s. All the time…

Tomorrow is lectures. Cheese lectures…yum.

Knives at the ready!





No comments:

Post a Comment