Friday 1 July 2011

What have I been doing with my life so far?

So I figured that I should really start off with what I've been doing for the past 3 years of my life. It all started with a phone call beckoning me to Mexico to renovate a baby hacienda, turning it into a luxury self sustainable hotel / guest house.
And that´s what I did, with absolutely no background in building, design, decor, or eco-friendliness I dove straight in. It has been a tough 3 years I can tell you, but at last we opened and people love it.
We are 100% solar powered, recycle all of our water, grow our own organic produce as well as all those little things that you won´t notice to make us eco friendly and sustainable...
You can see how different it is now compared to when I arrived, stunned into silence (does not happen often I can tell you) by the fact from the gate I couldn´t even see the main house...but now look..we have a drive way and everything!
Enjoy and if you like what you see, pass us on..maybe you`ll come visit us one day!


when I arrived




how it looks now
the ruined old water wheel 
and all better now


so much to do


and all done, these globe lights look lovely at night!

one of our new rooms for guests

one of the rooms for guests


the entrance, with parking and grass whereas before it was scrub


No comments:

Post a Comment